Scandinavian Living Room Design |
A few months ago I got an email with 3 photos and a message that simply read “Help me.” The homeowner who sent this to me is beyond creative and talented, so I couldn’t believe she wanted little ole’ me to help! Also they live in the most beautiful farmhouse EVER, so when she said she wanted a TOTAL change, I was again blown away, but up for the task!
B E F O R E |
T H E G O A L S |
- She is a photographer, so photos are important to her. She asked me what to do with all of them, and how to make them fit into a more modern style.
- If you noticed the photos on the wall, you could tell that this is a large family. So having a lot of seating is also a priority.
- Turn this farmhouse into a Mid-century modern/Scandinavian style.
A F T E R |
P R O B L E M S O L V E D |
- We did a gallery of photos in similar frames, using only in black and white images. This made a lot of photos seem less overwhelming. Also keeping them all black and white makes them mix well together.
- While having custom built in cabinets removed was not an easy decision, it gave the family extra room to fit an additional couch and chair!
- We successfully stayed within the style and used a lot of throw pillows and fur to make it feel cozy and not too modern that it didn’t fit with the rest of the home.
Thanks for reading!
Hannah Rehn | Willa Interiors